When traveling out of the country, are you aware if you are covered properly or not? Do you even know where to start? Don’t worry, most people don’t even think about their Insurance while traveling for work or even for pleasure. Well, you are in the right place. Here are a few reminders to check before leaving the states.
- Check to make sure your driver’s license is valid in the area you plan to travel if you plan to drive.
- Call your Insurance Company to see what coverages if any, are in force when outside of the country.
- If renting a vehicle make sure your auto insurance will transfer over and if not plan to purchase coverage from the rental company.
- Do your homework on the traffic laws where you travel. Chances are they will be different and you want to be prepared in unfamiliar territories. No one wants to deal with a citation especially in a foreign place!
- Some countries require a hand typed ID card different then the one provided from the insurance company. Check to see what proof you need where you go.
It is extremely important to be prepared when traveling out of the state or country. As they say “it’s better to be safe than sorry”.